Chartering a Yacht is the perfect way to experience Sydney Harbour with a close group of friends or family.
You can either Skipper the boat yourself (Bareboat) or have one of our Qualified Skippers take care of it for you.
Our Luxury Fleet ranges from 31ft - 45ft and can be chartered 24/7 over various durations.
Sail to your place of choice, Anchor in a secluded bay & Experience Sydney Harbour's tastes and smells first hand while you Wine & Dine on our gourmet catering and beverages.
Our CHARTER YACHTS are available for :
Team building and/or Client Entertaining
Staff reward and/or Christmas Parties
Hens or Bucks nights
Treating friends from overseas
Experience holidays or events
Meet The Fleet
Sydney By Sail has the newest fleet of luxury yachts in Australia - here they are in order of size:
- Sooty Tern: the smallest in the fleet but she packs a lot of punch! Nicknamed the pocket rocket due to her fast sailing capacity, Sooty Tern was commissioned in 2019 and can fit a total of 9 passengers onboard but comfortably sits 6. She is simple and easy to sail, provides fantastic 360 degree visability due to her open cockpit, and is the yacht to choose if you're looking for a great deal!
- Allegra: our homely Hunter 36 is the most experienced in the fleet, but after years of treating us well we have recently given her a complete makeover! She is our best yacht to learn to sail and can fit a maximum of 12 passengers onboard. Her large bimini can protect you from the Aussie sun and her American design makes her very comfortable below deck.
- James Chinn: a deluxe 38 ft floating hotel, she boasts an abundance of extra's like in-mast furling, a self tacking gyb, custom pillows & bedding, a large fridge and bluetooth music system. James Chinn can fit a maximum of 11 passengers but is comfortable with up to 8. She has a large swim deck for that extra bit of room to laze in the sun.
- Heeling Time & Quan: these two yachts are 41 feet of magnificent design and comfortability, without losing any ability for serious sailing. These yachts are ocean-going and stylishly comfortable. They can take a maximum of 15 passengers and are perfect for any reason to see Sydney by sail.
- Balu: the queen of the fleet is our newest edition, arriving to Australia mid 2020. She is the largest in our fleet with a waterline length of 45 feet. She is masterfully equipped bow to stern and includes 3 cabins, 2 heads (toilets), a large split cockpit table and many innovative features - making her our most technologically advanced sailing yacht.
|Yacht||Sooty Tern||Allegra||James Chinn||Quan & Heeling Time||Balu|
|Galley Cooking Equipment||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Hot & Cold Cockpit Shower||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|On Board Toilet||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Example: 4 Hour Skippered||$1300||$1500||$1800||$1900||$2,000|
What can you do/see?
While out and about on our beautiful Harbour, you can tell us what you would like to do! Our proffessional skippers have a pretty good idea, but the below chart shows you how long you need to be out on the water to do what you want to do!
|DURATION||2 HOURS||3 HOURS
|Motor Time (estimate)||40 mins||40 mins||40 mins||40 mins||40 mins|
|Sail Time (estimate)||1 hr 20 mins||2 hr 20 mins||2 hr 40 mins||4 hrs||6 hrs|
|Anchor Time||Nil||Nil||40 mins||2 hrs||2 hrs|
|What You Will See|
| Out the Heads
(on Dufour 412)